1. Create an account at Virwox.
2. Login to your new account and click the "deposit" link under the "my account" menu.
3. Scroll down to the paypal option, select how much to deposit, and complete the transaction.
4. Once deposited, it will redirect you to a page where at the top it says "You can now place a Sell Order to convert it to Linden$ (SLL)." Click that link highlighted on place a sell order. The next page load will say "I want to sell "X" USD" click the next button, then click Place Order.
5. Go to the "exchange" tab on the menu and click the bottom left option "BTC/SLL."
6. It automatically calculates the max amount you can order so click next, then place order.
7. Now under my account, click "withdraw."
8. Copy and paste your btc wallet address into the box, and the btc amount, and click withdraw.
I do a lot of traveling and I like to support the bitcoin network as much as possible. It also benefits me economically to do so by saving me money. I buy bitcoins with bank wire transfer and then use purse.io to buy gift cards for companies like southwest airlines. I save around 9% by doing this.
Is there any other way of doing this where I can save more money? Also would be nice if I have a wider selection of gift cards to choose from. Amazon is limited in their selection.