1. Create an account at Virwox.
2. Login to your new account and click the "deposit" link under the "my account" menu.
3. Scroll down to the paypal option, select how much to deposit, and complete the transaction.
4. Once deposited, it will redirect you to a page where at the top it says "You can now place a Sell Order to convert it to Linden$ (SLL)." Click that link highlighted on place a sell order. The next page load will say "I want to sell "X" USD" click the next button, then click Place Order.
5. Go to the "exchange" tab on the menu and click the bottom left option "BTC/SLL."
6. It automatically calculates the max amount you can order so click next, then place order.
7. Now under my account, click "withdraw."
8. Copy and paste your btc wallet address into the box, and the btc amount, and click withdraw.
I have been running my hot wallet in electrum in a virtual machine for years, and it's always worked out great. However, I was wondering if I could save space on my computer by ditching the virtual machine and just using electrum under a different user account (a restricted user account without sudo access).
I'm thinking I could create a new user to handle my btc stuff, and not have to worry about virtualbox at all.
What are the benefits of virtualbox over just using a standard (non-admin) account?
Note: I'm not doing crazy illegal things. I just need access a hot wallet electrum and firefox with some privacy extentions. A full virtualbox seems like overkill.