1. Create an account at Virwox.
2. Login to your new account and click the "deposit" link under the "my account" menu.
3. Scroll down to the paypal option, select how much to deposit, and complete the transaction.
4. Once deposited, it will redirect you to a page where at the top it says "You can now place a Sell Order to convert it to Linden$ (SLL)." Click that link highlighted on place a sell order. The next page load will say "I want to sell "X" USD" click the next button, then click Place Order.
5. Go to the "exchange" tab on the menu and click the bottom left option "BTC/SLL."
6. It automatically calculates the max amount you can order so click next, then place order.
7. Now under my account, click "withdraw."
8. Copy and paste your btc wallet address into the box, and the btc amount, and click withdraw.
Going through all my BTC spending starting to get ready for tax season and I've realized there's a small pile of coins that I spent/gave away that I have no accounting of or way to figure out.
So that leaves the question of how do I declare this to the IRS? Because I made a few transactions person to person that I will not be able to track down. Nothing nefarious like gambling or darknet purchases, just stuff that I didn't write down.
Yes, the onus is on me to track better and I'm starting to in 2016.